CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Here come the girls bearing gifts! I was really spoiled this year. I got a new purse and wallet, new speakers for my ipod, new earrings, and went shopping for clothes. I felt a little guilty about all the money being spent on me. I'm used to doing the spending for everyone else - Dan will tell you I'm good at spending, it's one of my talents.
Here's everyone getting ready to help me open up the loot!

Today was a great day. I turned 32 (really old, I know, my kids keep reminding me of that). This year has made me truly feel blessed with my family and friends. Last night some friends suprised me with a couples date to go to dinner for my birthday - yum! Today, Dan let me sleep in and woke up Braden and got him off to school while I slept. I was so excited to sleep in that I couldn't sleep! It made me so mad! When I did get out of bed, I was greeted with a clean house and lots of hugs and kisses. Then, I went shopping with Danni, and she was even good for me, and she HATES shopping. We met Dan and Ed for lunch at a new restaurant which was really yummy. I received lots of phone calls, emails, and cards from lots of great people. I am humbled at how blessed I am. I love my family so much and feel like I've finally made some really good friends here. I just had to voice how much I apreciate everything that I have. If every birthday makes me feel this good, I won't mind having one once a year, even if that means I have to get older!

6 comments:

krista said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Glad you had such a great day!

Miss Jana said...

I'm glad your day was so fun- You deserve it.

Burrups said...

Sounds so fun!! I am glad they spoiled you!
I am also so very glad that I am not the only one that can claim spending as a talent. I keep telling Jim that. Maybe now he will believe me.

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like a perfect day.

Maja said...

It sounds like you had a great day! Just wanted to echo the happy Birthday to a wonderful cousin and friend.

Krissy said...

happy Birthday!! I found your blog...yay!