CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Wow!

Okay, this is going to be harder than I thought. My friend and I walked 15 miles on Saturday. The first 10 or so I was really cocky - oh ya, I got this. Then, there was the last 5. Holy Moly. I have a whole new respect for you crazy people out there that can actually run a full marathon or even a half. Let's get real..even a 5K! 15 miles kicked my butt. I hope 6 more weeks is enough to get me ready for this. It was kinda fun walking on the greenbelt though. Watching all the crazy people helped pass the time quickly! I saw one of my friends there with her family riding bikes. We passed her during one of the few times we ran...so it looked like I'm a runner. Well, the next time we passed, about an hour and a half later, it happened to be another time we were running. I couldn't have planned it better. On Sunday she was so impressed and wanted to know how far I ran. This is one of those small trials in life where it would have been so easy to let her "assume" I ran for 15 miles. But no, I told the truth, dang it, and now she knows. But, for 24 hours, she was impressed.

4 comments:

Burrups said...

Your so funny!! I am in awe that you are even walking a marathon. I know I couldn't do it.

Miss Jana said...

Walking 15 miles is super impressive. I can't believe you ran even for a few minutes! Your amazing!

krista said...

After I just ran a half-marathon, I came away with a greater respect for people that run marathons too. I kept thinking to myself that there was NO WAY I could run 13 more miles!
Way to go....15 miles! That's VERY impressive!

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Denna, I love it! 15 miles, great job! I am sure you will be ready for your marathon in a few weeks.