CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Only 3 Weeks Left!

Well, I only have 3 weeks left until the big day - Portland Marathon. I am so nervous. My friend Liz just signed up to go with us...I'm more nervous for her than for me because she hasn't really been training, but she's confident so I'm sure she'll do great. Tina and I accidentally walked 17 miles yesterday instead of the 16 we set out to do. It turns out I'm not a very good navigator. (It's a mile more from Fuller Park to my house than I thought it was!) It was really hard, and we didn't quite make it in our goal time (2 minutes over). It's hard to believe the marathon will be 9 more miles than that...wow...I'm scared. Now Dan and the other hubbies are talking about going which would be great. I've always kinda pictured him there at the end when we finish (I might need someone strong enough to carry me back to the hotel, I wonder if they have wheelchairs). Hopefully that works out. The last few months have gone quickly, and I will be really glad when this is all over. It takes soooo much time and I'm sure my family will be glad as well.

2 comments:

Burrups said...

I think you will do great!! Good luck!

Maja said...

Good Luck Denna!! We will be pulling for you. I still think you are crazy to walk that far. I don't think I could do it. Let us know how it goes. And make sure you keep fuel going in.