Well, it's now Marathon Week! I can't believe how fast it's come. The last few weeks our training has been on the decline to get ready for the big week. We walked 10 miles on Saturday and were supposed to walk 12 the week before, but got rained out (we were huddled under a tree calling Dan to come rescue us - we looked like 2 drowned rats!). Today we did 4, tomorrow 3, and Thurs. and Fri. we'll do 2. Pretty easy stuff from here on out! We leave Saturday (Dan and Liz's husban Kevin are coming) and I'm so grateful Dan's mom can come and hang out with the kids so Dan can come to Porland too. I picked a bad Saturday to go, Emilee has a double header and snacks, and Brianna has pictures too. It will be a busy day. We had dinner last night with some friends who are from Portland and they were telling us all of the places we had to go see, especially Dan and Kevin while we're doing the marathon. One place they said they had to go was the rose gardens, that they are amazing. I can't wait to see pictures on Dan and Kevin in the rose garden, people will know for sure that Dan has a "partner"!
Well the kids are well into their sports seasons and I don't even have any pictures! My camera isn't a very good one and taking pictures far away and of action don't turn out very well! Braden's football team is 2-2, losing their last two games. The whole team is pretty down, they're not used to losing. The teams we've been playing are HUGE! I don't know how 3 of the kids on the las team we played made weight! Brianna's team is doing well. She scored a goal the last game by the goalie picking up the ball and rolling into the goal. Brianna must have kicked it really hard!:) Emilee's team is just happy to be there. They are in a recreational league and have their good days and their bad. She sure likes soccer though. Some of her best friends are on her team which makes it a lot of fun. I just wanted to write and catch up on a few things since it's been a while.I'll post again next week since I'm sure I won't be able to walk and will be spending a lot of time at home sitting down!
Monday, September 29, 2008
I Can't Believe It's Here!
Posted by Denna at 2:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good luck with the marathon!!
Good Luck! You will do great!
Hey! Good Luck this weekend, I am excited to hear all about it!
Good luck this weekend! I know you'll do great!
Post a Comment