CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dan's Alaska Trip

Dan went to Alaska a month or so ago, and I just now got the pictures back. He only had one of those little disposable cameras, so the pictures aren't that great and there are only a few of them, but here they are! Here are the boys getting ready to head out on their charter boat.
This is dan with one of the deck hands. This is the daughter of the captain of the boat. I'm betting she's not a real girlie-girl.
Here is the gang with the catch for one day. Their limit was 2 halibut each, but they caught a ton more than that. They had a live cooler thing (I don't know what it's really called) that kept the fish alive and they'd just swap out the smaller ones for bigger ones. They caught mostly halibut but did come home with a little salmon. I found a really yummy fish taco recipe for halibut that is my new favorite thing - yum!
Here is a picture of a whale - good shot, right? It really is there, you just have to look out far!
This is a shot of a mama moose and a baby crossing down the river from where the guys were fishing (these disposable cameras need tele-photo lenses). This picture also gives just an idea about how beautiful Alaska is. I'm glad Dan got to go and enjoy time with his buddies and to get away for a while. The next getaway I vote there should be a beach, a tropical drink with an umbrella, and I get to go!

3 comments:

Burrups said...

That looks like so much fun for them! I bet the fish taste so yummy!!

krista said...

How fun for him! That is a trip I think Jake would LOVE to go on. Maybe someday! I agree, make the next stop somewhere tropical, and make sure he brings you along.

Miss Jana said...

What is with the Burrup boys always going on trips and leaving their wives home? Mike is going to Indianapolis in a few weeks. Next trip: sandy beach with the wife! It does look like a fun trip though. Your carnival looks like it was fun, they must have had an amazing planner! :)