CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 6, 2009

Like Son Like Father

So, Dan has been a Harley Davidson addict for a while now. He remembers growing up with his dad riding a bike all of the time and I guess it's just in his blood. Well, Charlie and Linda came to visit in March and it just happened to be an okay day (that's code for it wasn't snowing that day) and Dan just happened to have an extra Harley at the car lot, so he and his dad decided to go for a ride with some buddies...not one day, but two! Charlie hadn't ever been on a bike like these, so Dan was so excited to introduce his dad to the world of Harleys (sorry Linda, they are addicting and if you end up with one in your garage, don't blame me, it was your son). Here is son helping father with his safety gear.
Charlie rode Dan's bike and Dan rode the other one. We made them pose for some pics. Who said 36 is too old for leather pants?
When Dan first got his bike, I would go to my room and kneel down and pray for his safety every time he went for a ride. It scared me to death. He almost had to force me to go with him the first time (What about our kids? Who will raise them if we both die a horrible death being peeled like a banana on the pavement?). I'm a little less uptight about it now, but I do say a prayer every time he leaves.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Miss Jana said...

I am so glad Mike has shown no interest in this yet. I would be a nervous wreck! It looks like Dan and Charlie had a great time though.

Burrups said...

Charlie had such a blast!! I stopped by to grab something after he had gotten back and he told me all about it. He was excited!
I am with Melissa and glad Jim hasn't gotten into that either. They make me nervous too.