CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

1st Annual Turkey Trot

I read somewhere about a family that would do a "Turkey Trot" every year on Thanksgiving. I thought it was a great idea and we tried it this year. It wasn't as big as I was hoping, but I'm not giving up! The weather was perfect. I just thought it might be a great chance to get the kids out of the house and moving a little bit. I was under no delusions that I was "working off" any food that we were about to partake. I would have had to have been out there all day! It was a lot of fun! Notice there are no pictures of Grandpa Byington? Well, we all walked out of the house together, but he took off by himself while we waited for a few more people. So much for family bonding. We just did a leisurely couple of laps around the park by my parents' house, about 1 1/2 miles.

Rachael decided she needed to run it. Here she is lapping her hubby and kids. She ran about 3 miles. Great job, way to show the rest of us up!
Is anyone shocked that Braden was bringing up the rear? Here he is trying to cut the corner! We love our little "Pokey Bear."

Next year might be colder, but it will happen. We had a lot of excuses like, " I was putting the turkey in the oven," "I had to start my rolls," and "we didn't know it was that big of a deal." All right, all right, I'll give you one year, but next year, we'll see you there!



0 comments: