CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

26.2!

Well, we did it! I actually finished a marathon! We took a ton of pictures, so I'll let the pictures tell the story! I have my eyes closed, what a surprise. Here we are at the airport. We showed up and were all wearing green! It was great. The stewardess asked us if we planned it. Nope, great minds think alike!
Here's Tina on the plane trying to get her mind on something else besides flying...she doesn't love it.
Liz didn't have any problems relaxing. I told her we took this picture and I was going to put it on my blog, but she didn't believe me! It's okay, all of us drool once in a while, just not usually in public.

Picking up our bib numbers! I was so excited! I've never had a bib before! Lucky #8150!
Tina's sister Lisa picked us up from the airport and took us downtown to the Hilton to pick up our packets and numbers. It was so nice of them to act as chauffer the whole weekend!
Our hubbies flew in that evening and we decided to go out for Italian so we could "carb-load." The food was sooooo good. Dan said it's a shame when you do a marathon but still come out of a weekend with a positive calorie count (we went and got DQ icecream after italian - we needed carbs!).
Kevin and Liz are the cutest couple! The act like they're still newlyweds (gag:). It was so nice of our hubbies to come and support us.
Here I am the morning of! Since I've never worn a bib before, I wasn't sure where to pin it! High, Low, I didn't know! I had to look in the magazine and see where everyone else put theirs!

The girls bright and early (5:30 am). Once again, Lisa's family drove us down to the marathon so our hubbies could sleep in a little.
We're still smiling! That's because it is only the 10K point (about 6 miles). Dan and Kevin were an awesome pit crew. We shed our jackets and gave them my fanny pack (remind me not to buy the "cute little one" next time...what a piece of junk!)
Tina and Lisa at mile 12. Notice anything wet on the ground? It rained the ENTIRE time (except at the very beginning and the very end). It really wasn't too bad and did keep us from getting hot!
I need my drugs! This was at mile 17. It was definitely time for more Motrin! Dan and Kevin were awesome (did I mention that already?). We saw them again at miles 18, and 21. It was like a little surprise every-so-often because I didn't know when to expect them next! Everything was about what I expected until mile 24...wow...those last 2 miles were the longest 2 miles of my life...they wouldn't stop! But finally, I made it.
FINISHERS! We did it! I beat my goal by 27 minutes and finished in 6 hours, 2 minutes, and 30 seconds (that's taking 30 seconds off for the train we had to wait for - that doesn't count!). I was so proud of everyone, they did an amazing job. Thanks to Tina for getting me started on this whole crazy journey and being there every step of the way for the last 9 months and to Liz for jumping in head first and coming with us. Thanks to my family and especially Dan for all of the support and patients with the time I was gone "training". I will never forget this and am so grateful that I did it (at least I will be when I'm not so sore anymore). Thanks to everyone else for their well wishes and positive thoughts!


5 comments:

Burrups said...

YEAH you did it! Congratulations!! I am proud of you guys and I loved reading all about it. Thanks for sharing. Great pictures too!!

Auna Leigh said...

Congrats! You're amazing! Miss ya! Saw grasshopper cookies the other day and thought of you! AHHH! So Good! Wish I had a recorder when Krissy let go! Ha! ha! ha!

Miss Jana said...

You are amazing! I'm so proud of you. I'm glad you took lots of pics! Thanks!

Maja said...

Finally a post. I have been waiting to hear how it went. I knew you would do awesome. I am so proud of you. When is the next one? Love ya!

krista said...

Congrats, I knew you would do awesome!

I have to tell you since Auna said something about the grasshopper cookies. Jake learned about this during some scout camp, and I had my first one TONIGHT! There aren't even words to express how yummy. Whoever came up with this is amazing!