Halloween is always one of our favorites! This year was a blast. Brianna and a group of her friends decided to be 80's people (don't tell my sister that she was the main inspiration for these outfits - she was awesome in the 80's, I was so young then I can barely remember them :) They had a ton of fun and started trick or treating VERY early! Most of them are 12 now and I'm not seeing the retiring of the trick or treat sacks any time soon.

Danni was a blue butterfly. She saw the costume online and had to have it. I think I found the very last one in the entire country in her size, but we got it! I always feel so guilty on Halloween day because I don't feel like I have enough time to do everything since making spudnuts always takes priority. I didn't even have time to put Danni's hair up in the little buns like we wanted. She was beautiful anyway!

Colt was supposed to be a football for Halloween, but that lasted about 4 seconds. He was not going to wear a costume this year, but that didn't mean he didn't want to trick or treat! He learned the art of getting free candy at the ward trunk or treat and applied those new skills to our neighbors.

Braden was a trooper and took the littles out while mom and dad made spudnuts. I can't say he was excited or happy to do it, but he did it anyway and the littles loved going with their big brother.

Emilee was our dead cheerleader. She was a dead prom queen last year...should I be worried about this re-occuring theme? She went trick or treating with her friend Mia (the other dead cheerleader) and had a blast with her family.

This is where I could be found from 2:30pm to around 10:30pm. I made 2 batches of spudnuts, which doesn't sound like a lot, but I counted around 13 dozen donuts. This tradition is a lot of work, but I wouldn't have it any other way. We absolutely love seeing all of our friends, family, and neighbors and it's also a way to relate back to our family in Pocatello. My favorite part is watching all of my skinny friends wreck their diets (I'm not mentioning any names, but can you say 4 donuts plus a whole plateful to go! hee hee!)! Thanks Grandma Burrup for starting this tradition!
1 comments:
Love the 80's girls! You have cute cute kiddos!!
Post a Comment